Sunday, November 23, 2008
Hot links: Rodgers update, Best hoax, Civil War history
Posted by ESPN.com's Ted Miller
Some Sunday reading....
- Fun stuff here from The Oregonian... "Civil War: 5 moments that fanned the flames of the rivalry." And here's a game-by-game history of the rivalry.
- Cliff Kirkpatrick has some critical Oregon State updates, such as running back Jacquizz Rodgers suffering a sprained AC joint in his left shoulder, and information that ABC won't be able to pick up the game from Versus. It's been a strange and often regrettable year for the Pac-10 on TV.
- This is my favorite Big Game story of the week -- a revisiting of the rivalry's great pranks. The student paper also ran a hoax story Saturday that running back Jahvid Best was out of the Big Game with an ankle injury.
- And, finally, Art Thiel on Washington, which brings up the rear of all of college football.
- John Blanchette observes that Washington State made a statement by playing to win while Washington played scared.