Wednesday, November 26, 2008
Pac-10 lunch links: Is Stoops in trouble?
Posted by ESPN.com's Ted Miller
I love links. Linky, link, link. Here it goes down, down into my belly.
- Arizona athletic director Jim Livengood doesn't seem to be pointing a finger at coach Mike Stoops, but he admits it's troubling how often the Wildcats lose close games.
- Arizona State's Paul Fanaika is a walk-on who made good.
- California coach Jeff Tedford is reminding his team that, as bad as Washington is, the Huskies rushed for 360 yards in a 2007 victory over the Bears.
- A challenge for Oregon to step up against the rising Beavers. This Civil War, however, the Ducks' offense is set, though running back LeGarrette Blount is ill.
- What will Oregon State do without running back Jacquizz Rodgers?
- Tom Craft, former San Diego State coach and father of UCLA quarterback Kevin Craft, defends his son. But it's possible backup Chris Forcier could see action at Arizona State.
- USC safety Kevin Ellison has been cleared to play against Notre Dame. The Trojans have a different plan for the tailback-by-committee approach.
- Critical blown coverage in Apple Cup still hurting Washington safety.
- It's a Hawaii homecoming for this Cougar.
- Jon Wilner's BCS bowl projections.