Friday, November 28, 2008
Lunchtime links: 'Rumble for Relevancy' is Friday
Posted by ESPN.com's Tim Griffin
Here are a few Big 12 stories to tide you over with the leftovers until the Nebraska-Colorado game starts this afternoon.
Enjoy the game. It's a good excuse to stay out of the shopping malls today.
- Topeka Capital-Journal columnist Kevin Haskin suggests that Kansas State should proceed with caution before hiring a trendy head-coaching designate with new 69-year-old coach Bill Snyder taking over.
- A history-making potential three-way tie in the South Division has the Big 12 flirting with gridlock, the Kansas City Star's Blair Kerkhoff writes.
- Cotton Bowl officials told Lubbock Avalanche-Journal beat writer Don Williams that Texas Tech is receiving heavy consideration for their Jan. 2 bowl game.
- The Oklahoman's Berry Tramel opines about the pressure that will be facing Oklahoma State's defense, Oklahoma kicker Jimmy Stevens and Oklahoma State athletic director Mike Holder's controversial ticket policy in Saturday's "Bedlam Game" between the Sooners and Cowboys.
- Loquacious Missouri linebacker Sean Weatherspoon is as relentless on the field as he is carefree when he's laughing and joking with his friends off the field, Vahe Gregorian of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch writes.