|ESPN.com: NCF Nation||[Print without images]|
Posted by ESPN.com's Tim Griffin
1. Oklahoma -- Advancing to the championship after the most controversial regular-season BCS poll in Big 12 history pushed them for a shot at a history-making three-peat.
2. Texas -- Near certainty to be playing in a BCS game despite disappointments on Sunday.
3. Texas Tech -- Forgotten team in the South Division tri-championship has some healing before the bowl game with injuries to Graham Harrell, Michael Crabtree and Daniel Charbonnet.
4. Oklahoma State -- Explosive effort by Zac Robinson makes some wonder why he wasn't used as more of running threat throughout the season.
5. Missouri -- Defensive collapses in Border War aren't a good sign as Tigers prepare for potent Oklahoma unit.
6. Kansas -- Injured playmakers like Jake Sharp and Kerry Meier got well just quickly enough to spark comeback against Missouri in Border War.
7. Nebraska -- Cornhuskers overcame wacky coaching decisions to earn eighth victory and likely head into New Year's Day bowl.
8. Colorado -- Made some unexpected big plays against Nebraska, but just didn't have the offensive attack to stick with the Cornhuskers and earn a bowl trip.
9. Baylor -- Three close losses to Connecticut, Missouri and Texas Tech are biggest reason that the Bears aren't going bowling.
10. Kansas State -- Snyder needs to hit the ground running in recruiting and putting together a strong staff.
11. Texas A&M -- Aggies showed moxie in Texas loss but, like all season, simply didn't have the weapons to stick with the Longhorns.
12. Iowa State -- Could staff changes be looming after disappointing second season for Gene Chizik?