Thursday, January 1, 2009
ACC's lunchtime links
Posted by ESPN.com's Heather Dinich
- Georgia Tech learned a valuable lesson from LSU in the Chick-fil-A bowl -- at least the coaches hope so.
- The Hokies are back in the Orange Bowl again, but without a member of their football family. Here's a must-read about J.D. Burroughs, a student manager who died in a car accident on July 3.
- Those within Virginia Tech's program believe the Hokies have yet to play their best game of the season, and coach Frank Beamer is hoping it comes just in time to show a young team what it takes to win on the national stage.
- There was a time when Clemson coach Dabo Swinney had never heard of a player named Aaron Kelly, who grew up about two hours away from campus and wasn't highly recruited. He took a gamble, and it paid off.
- The difference for the Tigers in the second half of the season, though, has been their offensive line. Here's a good breakdown on today's game.