|ESPN.com: NCF Nation||[Print without images]|
Posted by ESPN.com's Chris Low
A few fearless predictions for the SEC in the 2009 season. Hey, it's never too early to start looking ahead:
1. Tebow comes back: Yep, Florida's own Superman returns for his senior season, wins his second Heisman Trophy, and the Gators go on to win their third SEC championship in the last four years. We'll wait until Thursday night before making any national title predictions.
2. Hotty Toddy: The breakthrough team for the 2009 season is none other than Ole Miss, which ended this season with a bang by thrashing Texas Tech in the AT&T Cotton Bowl. What was it about Houston Nutt they didn't like in Arkansas? The guy can coach. He can recruit, and he can motivate.
3. Jones vs. Green: No conference in America will have two better receivers than Alabama's Julio Jones and Georgia's A.J. Green in 2009. They will combine for nearly 20 touchdown catches and become household names in college football. Meanwhile, the debate will rage on as to who's the better of the two.
4. Spurrier's farewell: The Head Ball Coach says he's not ready to hang it up, but he sure sounds frustrated after 12 losses in his last two seasons. The 2009 season will be his fifth and final one in Columbia, as he walks away from a Hall of Fame coaching career and walks onto a golf course full time.
5. LSU fights back: After underachieving for much of this season on defense, the Tigers will get back to their attacking style in 2009 under new coordinator John Chavis. They were missing that edge this season, but the fiery Chavis will see to it that they get it back on the Bayou.