Tuesday, January 20, 2009
Big 12 links: Bradford never serious about NFL, his dad says
Posted by ESPN.com's Tim Griffin
Try reading these links wearing a tuxedo. It will almost make you feel like you're present at the inaugural ball tonight.
- Sam Bradford's dad, Kent, tells the Kansas City Star's Blair Kerkhoff that his son was never close to leaving college football for the NFL.
- Incoming freshmen wide receiver recruits Erick McGriff and Chris Omigie provide much-needed size to Kansas' wide receiving corps, the Daily Kansan's Stephen Montemayor writes.
- The Lincoln Journal-Star's Steve Sipple caught up with former Nebraska I-back Marlon Lucky to talk about his big performance in Saturday's East-West Shrine game.
- Barry Jackson of the Miami Herald writes that Miami defensive coordinator Bill Young could double his salary if he accepts the reported $700,000 per year deal that Oklahoma State coach Mike Gundy is offering him to join the Cowboys as defensive coordinator. And the Daily Oklahoman's Scott Wright reports that Young "is torn" by the Oklahoma State offer, considering his wife is from Oklahoma and he is a graduate of the school.
- Dave Krieger of the Rocky Mountain News imagines what could have been if Texas and USC had met in a championship game to cap a meaningful college football playoff system.
- Tom Dienhart of Rivals.com lists former Kansas State head coach Ron Prince and former San Diego State coach and one-time Oklahoma offensive coordinator Chuck Long in the mix for Miami's vacant offensive coordinator position.