Monday, February 14, 2011
ACC's top heartbreakers for 2011
By Heather Dinich
Valentine's Day isn't for everyone. Some have been scorned. Hearts have been broken. Facebook status' changed. Here's a look at the top five heartbreakers responsible for a few breakups in the the ACC this year:
1. Quarterback Jacoby Brissett. He broke the Canes' hearts with a commitment to rival Florida, leaving Al Golden without a quarterback in the 2011 class. The transfer of former Michigan quarterback Tate Forcier helped Miami fans rebound.
2. Don Brown. Maryland’s former defensive coordinator made a lateral move to Randy Edsall’s old school, leaving the Terps' defense in the dark.
3. Ryan Williams. The Virginia Tech running back didn’t even call to say goodbye before he bolted for the NFL. With two years of eligibility remaining, Williams didn't hold a news conference to announce his decision.
4. NC State quarterback Russell Wilson. His love affair with baseball continues this spring, but coach Tom O'Brien is still willing to welcome his No. 1 back with open arms.
5. Four-star defensive end Stephon Tuitt. He flirted with Georgia Tech, only to break up with Paul Johnson and embrace Notre Dame as his home.