Wednesday, March 25, 2009
ACC's lunchtime links
Posted by ESPN.com's Heather Dinich
CHAPEL HILL, N.C. -- Franklin Street is a fitting place to be reading the ACC papers, don't you think? I met with UNC coach Butch Davis this morning, and have a couple of interviews before heading to practice this afternoon. Until then ... here's what's going on in ACC country:
- Speaking of UNC, the Tar Heels are putting an emphasis on finding some receivers this spring, but they've already found one in Greg Little.
- The NCAA is wondering "what gives" when it comes to hiring veteran assistants as graduate assistants, like former Virginia offensive coordinator Mike Groh's new gig at Alabama.
- Maryland offensive coordinator James Franklin will receive $1 million if he's not named the head coach when Ralph Friedgen decides to call it quits. The Terps started spring practice on Tuesday, and they're counting on Adrian Moten to help usher the young linebackers along.
- The Demon Deacons started practice Tuesday and one of their priorities is filling the holes on defense.
- Florida State picked up another commitment for the 2010 class.
- Former Clemson quarterback Cullen Harper is still answering questions about the statement he made last year that former coach Tommy Bowden" got what he deserved," only this time, NFL scouts are asking the questions.
- NC State halfback Toney Baker can run and fish.