Friday, April 10, 2009
Big Ten lunch links: Spartans QB race even
Posted by ESPN.com's Adam Rittenberg
These links are Black and Gold all over.
- Michigan State might not determine its starting quarterback until several games into the season, Steve Grinczel writes in The Grand Rapids Press. Head coach Mark Dantonio might have given away a clue as he said the team is incorporating the option, Eric Lacy writes in The Detroit News. Hello, Keith Nichol?
- The transfer rumors are behind Ohio State running back Brandon Saine, who aims to stay healthy and contribute more this fall, Ken Gordon writes in The Columbus Dispatch. Also, some good Buckeyes practice notes from The Cleveland Plain Dealer's Doug Lesmerises.
- Penn State offensive tackle Nerraw McCormack will miss the rest of spring drills after spraining his MCL, Ron Musselman writes in the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.
- Rich Rodriguez has history on his side this fall at Michigan, ESPN.com's Ivan Maisel writes.
- Minnesota's revamped offensive line is behind its defensive counterpart, but head coach Tim Brewster doesn't sound concerned, the St. Paul Pioneer Press' Marcus Fuller writes in his blog.
- Replacing Shonn Greene and getting improvement from Ricky Stanzi are among the 10 spring questions facing Iowa, Ryan Suchomel writes in the Iowa City Press-Citizen.
- As Dustin Sherer moves closer to nailing down Wisconsin's starting quarterback spot, the Badgers are exploring ways to incorporate Curt Phillips' speed and athleticism, Tom Mulhern writes in the Wisconsin State Journal.
- Check out Indiana's new stadium enhancements here, and Hoosiers head coach Bill Lynch likes what he's seen from the offensive line and tight ends this spring, Jared Poertner writes on The Hoosier Scoop blog.