Wednesday, April 29, 2009
Big Ten lunch links
Posted by ESPN.com's Adam Rittenberg
- Michigan State can look forward to an exciting arms race at quarterback, but defense will be the team's strength this fall, Joe Rexrode writes in the Lansing State Journal.
- Led by defensive end Jack Crawford, an import from England, Penn State's sophomore defenders expect big things this fall, Ron Musselman writes in the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.
- Ohio State might have its best defensive line since 2003, Doug Lesmerises writes in The Cleveland Plain Dealer.
- Michigan fans need to get used to seeing FCS teams on the schedule, but the Wolverines aren't the only ones cashing in, Angelique Chengelis writes in The Detroit News.
- Former Wisconsin tight end Travis Beckum didn't hurt his draft stock too much by staying in school for his senior year, Tom Oates writes in the Wisconsin State Journal. Wisconsin also has gone back to its first-come, first-served student-ticket policy for football games, Don Walker writes in the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel.
- Iowa quarterback Ricky Stanzi is sporting a more polished look to go along with his sharper play, The (Cedar Rapids) Gazette's Scott Dochterman writes in his blog.