Friday, May 1, 2009
Pac-10 lunch links: Bellotti's last day as an Oregon coach
Posted by ESPN.com's Ted Miller
"Relax," said the night man. "We are programmed to receive. You can check-out any time you like, But you can never leave!"
- When Mike Bellotti walked off the field this week, it closed the book on his Oregon coaching career -- and opened a new one as athletic director.
- The Arizona Board of Regents has approved Wildcats coach Mike Stoops' contract extension and raise.
- I've previously advised some teams -- OK, it was Washington -- that can't get recruiting right to merely find out who Oregon State is recruiting and then recruit those guys. Well, this Paul Buker story is about how smart I am. Not specifically, but by implication. OK, not by implication but, well, just read the story. Oh, and how do Oregon State's receivers measure up? And these guys make the calls on defense.
- Checking in on Stanford recruiting.
- More on UCLA's Kevin Prince earning the No. 1 quarterback spot.
- What did we learn about USC defensive end Everson Griffen? That he can be as good as he wants to be. But he has to want to be.
- Sark attack on the links.
- Former Washington State quarterback Jason Gesser is going to be a high school head coach.
- Jon Wilner looks at the Pac-10's 2010 NFL draft prospects.
- The American Football Coaches Association will review the results of a three-month study of the USA Today coaches' poll. Here's a place to start.