|ESPN.com: NCF Nation||[Print without images]|
And finally, the Mid-American Conference, which will hold its media days at the end of the week, will start fall camp on Aug. 5.
Here are a couple bullet points from the Mid-American Conference last season:
• Buffalo won its first-ever conference title after upsetting Ball State in the MAC championship game.
• Ball State completed an undefeated regular season before losing to Buffalo in the conference title game and Tulsa in the GMAC Bowl.
• The MAC had five coaching changes this season, more than any other FBS conference in the country. Of those coaches, only two have head coaching experience.
• Ball State running back MiQuale Lewis ranked fourth in the nation in rushing in his first full season with the Cardinals. His previous two seasons were ended early with injury.
• Six of the conference's top 10 quarterbacks return and they're all seniors. The only quarterback to leave early was Ball State's Nate Davis, who was taken by the San Francisco 49ers with the 171st overall pick.
• Quarterback Dan LeFevour, who was the conference's Freshman of the Year in 2006 and the Offensive Player of the Year in 2007, led the conference in total offense last season.
• Central Michigan linebacker Nick Bellore was fourth in the nation with 11.31 tackles per game.
MAC FALL CAMP START DATES