Monday, December 10, 2012
2012 ESPN.com All-SEC team
By Chris Low
All that remains of the 2012 college football season are the bowls, which means it’s time to select our All-SEC team.
In this league, that’s never an easy task. There are more deserving players than there are spots. In selecting the team, we placed a heavy emphasis on performance in big games and how a player impacted his team both on and off the field. When it was close, we looked at SEC-only statistics as the tiebreaker.
Without further ado, we introduce you to the 2012 ESPN.com All-SEC Team:
- QB: Johnny Manziel, Texas A&M, Fr.
- RB: Todd Gurley, Georgia, Fr.
- RB: Eddie Lacy, Alabama, Jr.
- WR: Cobi Hamilton, Arkansas, Sr.
- WR: Jordan Matthews, Vanderbilt, Jr.
- TE: Jordan Reed, Florida, Jr.
- AP: Cordarrelle Patterson, Tennessee, Jr.
- OL: Luke Joeckel, Texas A&M, Jr.
- OL: Jake Matthews, Texas A&M, Jr.
- OL: Chance Warmack, Alabama, Sr.
- OL: Larry Warford, Kentucky, Sr.
- C: Barrett Jones, Alabama, Sr.
- DL: Jadeveon Clowney, South Carolina, So.
- DL: Damontre Moore, Texas A&M, Jr.
- DL: Sharrif Floyd, Florida, Jr.
- DL: Sam Montgomery, LSU, Jr.
- LB: Jarvis Jones, Georgia, Jr.
- LB: Kevin Minter, LSU, Jr.
- LB: C.J. Mosley, Alabama, Jr.
- CB: Dee Milliner, Alabama, Jr.
- CB: Johnthan Banks, Mississippi State, Sr.
- S: Eric Reid, LSU, Jr.
- S: Matt Elam, Florida, Jr.
- K: Caleb Sturgis, Florida, Sr.
- P: Kyle Christy, Florida, So.
- RS: Marcus Murphy, Missouri, So.