Monday, June 10, 2013
Early odds on SEC games
By Chris Low
It's never too early to start examining who's favored in what games next season in the SEC.
Obviously, point spreads are for entertainment purposes only, but Don Best released early Golden Nugget point spreads late last week for 250 college football games.
Of note, Alabama is favored in every game in 2013, including the Sept. 14 contest at Texas A&M. The Tide are a 6-point favorite against the Aggies.
In fact, the last time Alabama wasn't favored by Las Vegas oddsmakers was the 2009 SEC championship game against Florida.
Using the Golden Nugget point spreads, Georgia also is an early favorite in all 12 regular-season games in 2013.
Below are some of the more notable games in 2013 that the Golden Nugget has provided point spreads for:
- Ole Miss (-4) at Vanderbilt
- North Carolina (-12) at South Carolina
- Georgia (-3.5) at Clemson
- Alabama (-17) vs. Virginia Tech, in Atlanta
- LSU (-4) vs. TCU, in Arlington, Texas
- Oklahoma State (-14) vs. Mississippi State, in Houston
- South Carolina at Georgia (-4)
- Florida (-2.5) at Miami, Fla.
- Mississippi State (-1) at Auburn
- Alabama (-6) at Texas A&M
- Ole Miss at Texas (-8)
- Tennessee (-25) at Oregon
- LSU at Georgia (-6)
- Florida at LSU (-4)
- Texas A&M (-4) at Ole Miss
- Tennessee at Alabama (-27)
- Georgia (-4) vs. Florida, in Jacksonville
- LSU at Alabama (11.5)
- Florida at South Carolina (-5)
- Texas A&M at LSU (-1)
- Vanderbilt at Tennessee (-1)
- Ole Miss (-6.5) at Mississippi State
- Alabama (-24) at Auburn
- Florida State at Florida (-2)
- Clemson at South Carolina (-4.5)