|ESPN.com: NCF Nation||[Print without images]|
Posted by ESPN.com's Chris Low
A look around the conference as we keep the people in Louisiana in our thoughts and prayers. It appears another hurricane could be headed their way:
* LSU wants to play its game this weekend at Tiger Stadium as scheduled, but Hurricane Ike may force the Tigers to move elsewhere. Some of the alternative sites include Texas Stadium, the Georgia Dome and Independence Stadium in Shreveport.
* Mississippi State coach Sylvester Croom is more concerned about stopping the run than he is the pass in Auburn's new spread offense.
* David Brandt of the Jackson Clarion-Ledger delves into how the payout game is changing for SEC teams. The smaller schools are wanting more guaranteed money to come to SEC stadiums -- in some cases pushing $1 million -- prompting the schools with smaller budgets in the league to play at venues away from home they never would have in the past.
* Tim Tebow comes to Florida coach Urban Meyer's defense after Miami coach Randy Shannon indirectly questions Meyer's character. Shannon wasn't pleased with Meyer's decision to kick a field goal with 25 seconds remaining and leading by three touchdowns.
* South Carolina star receiver Kenny McKinley isn't expected to play this weekend against Georgia after pulling his hamstring last week against Vanderbilt.
* Arkansas might have struggled to beat Western Illinois and Louisiana-Monroe in its first two games, but Texas isn't taking the Razorbacks lightly. In fact, Texas coach Mack Brown is just 1-2 against the Hogs.
* The Atlanta Journal-Constitution has a great frame-by-frame sequence of Knowshon Moreno's now-famous leap over a Central Michigan defender last week.
* Where's the love for Kentucky? The pollsters aren't taking the Wildcats seriously, and Rich Brooks doesn't understand why.
* Tennessee wants to move quarterback Jonathan Crompton out of the pocket more as the Vols go forward this season. They didn't roll him out much in the season-opening loss to UCLA.