NCF Nation: Calvin Phillips
Posted by ESPN.com's Adam Rittenberg
After no links Tuesday, you're probably starving for these.
- Wisconsin's quarterback competition could come down to Dustin Sherer and Curt Phillips, Tom Mulhern writes in the Wisconsin State Journal.
"The coaches seem to be genuinely fired up about [Jon] Budmayr. It will be interesting to see how quickly he picks up things. It's a huge bonus that he enrolled early and will take part in spring practices. But don't forget, Budmayr missed almost his entire senior year with a shoulder injury, getting hurt in the first game."
- The Internet played a key role in police charging Penn State defensive tackle Jared Odrick with disorderly conduct, Adam Clark writes in The Daily Collegian. Odrick's status on the team has not changed.
- Michigan head coach Rich Rodriguez has joined Pete Carroll and others on Twitter, the Detroit Free Press' Mark Snyder writes in his blog.
- After snapping its lengthy NCAA tournament drought, Michigan's basketball team could start helping its football colleagues in recruiting, Josh Helmholdt writes in the Detroit Free Press.
- Former Ohio State special teams standout Shaun Lane likely won't play football again after a scary injury in the Fiesta Bowl, but he should get feeling back in his arm after surgery, Todd Porter writes in the Canton Repository.
- Illinois is closing in on 2011 running back prospect Calvin Phillips, writes ESPN Scouts Inc.'s JC Shurtburtt.