NCF Nation: enn State Nittany Lions
Posted by ESPN.com's Adam Rittenberg
Penn State doesn't need Maurice Evans and Abe Koroma to beat lowly Syracuse, but both starting defensive linemen could be suspended for the second straight week. A source tells the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette's Ron Musselman thatboth players will miss the Syracuse game, though their long-term playing status remains undecided.
No charges have been filed against either player at this time.
- Iowa's new starting quarterback Ricky Stanzi has brought a calming presence to the huddle, the Quad City Times' Eric Page writes in his blog. Offensive lineman Julian Vandervelde said:
"In the huddle, I mean, [Stanzi] is a little more calm and relaxed. Jake [Christensen] is more business focused, I think. Either way you look at them, they both have their positive aspects. You want a guy in the huddle that is going to be business focused and wanting to win, but, at the same time, you want a guy who is not riled up and every little thing doesn't get him excited."
Interesting stuff. Also, if you have time, check out the YouTube video with Stanzi's highlights set to Rick Astley's "Never Gonna Give You Up." Hilarious music choice.
- Terrelle Pryor needs to play plenty on Saturday -- and he will, CBSsports.com's Dennis Dodd writes.
- The return of cornerback Donald Washington from suspension gives Ohio State some options in the secondary, The Cleveland Plain Dealer's Doug Lesmerises writes in his blog.
- There's some mystery surrounding Illinois defensive tackle Josh Brent, Bob Asmussen writes in The News-Gazette.
- Getting Chris "Beanie" Wells back and pressuring Mark Sanchez could keep Ohio State in Saturday's game, SI.com's Stewart Mandel writes.
- Indiana offensive lineman Rodger Safford plays through back pain, Chris Korman writes in the Bloomington Herald-Times (subscription required).
- Ohio State has rebounded well from near disasters early in the season, according to Bleacher Report.