NCF Nation: Grady Cavness
February, 4, 2009
Posted by ESPN.com's Tim Griffin
How about munching on these links today to serve as a natural accompaniment to watching ESPNU's coverage of signing day? Sounds to me like the best combination since peanut butter and jelly.
- The Houston Chronicle's Steve Campbell catches up with former Texas cornerback Grady Cavness, one of the top Houston-area recruits in the class of 1989.
- Baylor is finding a recruiting bump because of the presence of Art Briles and Robert Griffin, according to Waco Tribune-Herald beat writer John Werner.
- Tulsa World columnist Dave Sittler writes about the natural law of signing day -- one group of recruits is soon forgotten as another new class arrives.
- With key players like Texas recruit Garrett Gilbert, the Associated Press reports that the Lone Star State again will provide a bumper crop of quarterback recruits.
- Thayer Evans and Pete Thamel of the New York Times profile Brian Butler, the self-proclaimed manager for top recruit Bryce Brown.
- Iowa State coach Paul Rhoads told Eric Peterson of the Cedar Rapids Gazette he doesn't expect a dramatic roster transformation as he starts coaching the Cyclones.