NCF Nation: Greg Oden
October, 10, 2008
Posted by ESPN.com's Adam Rittenberg
Happy Friday to all. Time to brush up on your Big Ten reading.
- Penn State has turned the page on a troublesome offseason, but the dismissals of defensive tackles Chris Baker and Phil Taylor could still catch up to the Lions, Bernard Fernandez writes in the Philadelphia Daily News.
- Ohio State's ability to adjust has paid off in recent weeks, but the Buckeyes are still searching for a definitive identity, Tim May writes in The Columbus Dispatch.
- The Big Ten Network's Dave Revsine's weekly inside-the-numbers blog looks at the media's misperception of Northwestern and Curtis Painter's struggles against ranked opponents.
- Is that Greg Oden playing tight end for Michigan? Promising Wolverines freshman Kevin Koger looks the part, Mark Snyder writes in the Detroit Free Press.
- Limiting turnovers is priority No. 1 for Iowa after three consecutive close losses, Andy Hamilton writes in the Iowa City Press-Citizen.
- Attendance is usually a concern at Northwestern, which hopes for a strong turnout against Michigan State (ESPN, 3:30 p.m. ET). Enterprising athletic director Jim Phillips could drop ticket prices in the future to fill up Ryan Field, Teddy Greenstein writes in the Chicago Tribune.