NCF Nation: James Jones
January, 23, 2009
Posted by ESPN.com's Adam Rittenberg
- Penn State defensive end Aaron Maybin and several teammates are training for the NFL draft in Amish country, Bob Flounders writes in The (Harrisburg) Patriot-News.
"Last week, Maybin said he weighed in the 242-245 range. This week, he said he's gained eight pounds. Eat. Train. Sleep. There ain't nothing else to do here."
- Academic issues will sideline Minnesota starting safety Tramaine Brock for spring practice, Kent Youngblood writes in the Star Tribune. Also, check out this nugget:
"Athletic director Joel Maturi said the Gophers still are negotiating to add Southern California to the schedule in a future home-and-home series. A decision should be made within a week."
- Michigan State is recruiting the son of former Detroit Lions running back James Jones, Matt Dorsey writes in the Detroit Free Press.
- Longtime Wisconsin strength and conditioning coach John Dettman discusses the transition of power to Ben Herbert for 2009, the Wisconsin State Journal's Tom Mulhern writes in his blog.
- Rich Rodriguez's sizable first-year tab for Michigan stirs debate about reform in collegiate athletics, John Heuser writes in The Ann Arbor News.