Posted by ESPN.com's Brian Bennett
Jeff D'Alessio of the Sporting News interviews some prominent Syracuse alumni to see who they would like as the next coach. Donovan McNabb endorses Minnesota Vikings quarterbacks coach Kevin Rogers, while Rob Burnett likes New Orleans Saints offensive coordinator Doug Marrone and Qadry Ismail says Randy Edsall should be the guy.
• Brian Kelly tells the Cincinnati Enquirer's Bill Koch that Washington has contacted his people, but that he has not had any direct talks and does not have an interview planned.
"I'm not looking for another job," Kelly said. "But we know they're looking for me. There's interest out there from a lot of schools."
• The Sun Bowl is showing serious interest in Pittsburgh, Paul Zeise writes in the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.
• The planned "White-out" in honor of Pat White's final home game at West Virginia will require some creativity on fans' part, Dave Hickman says in the Charleston Gazette.
"Granted, there are some issues with the whole thing, not the least of which is expecting 60,000 people to show up on a cold December night wearing enough white to make it even noticeable. But isn't a fan base that is resilient enough to find enough spare furniture to burn at the drop of a decent win - or loss - also creative enough to get around the fact that almost no one owns a heavy white coat? Get an XXXL T-shirt or just an old bed sheet with a hole cut into it - very Casper-like, don't you think? - and do the best you can."
• Freshman B.J. Daniels is playing the role of Pat White on South Florida's scout team, Greg Auman notes in the St. Petersburg Times.
• True freshman Karldell Dunning showed up to campus so late that he's not even in Louisville's media guide. Now he's a starting cornerback, Jody Demling writes in The Courier-Journal.
• Rutgers defensive lineman Pete Tverdov credits Louisville center Eric Wood with showing him how to play, Tom Luicci writes in The Star-Ledger.