NCF Nation: Shane Conlan
Posted by ESPN.com's Adam Rittenberg
Links you can't live without.
- Youth springs eternal at Ohio State as practice opens, Ken Gordon writes in The Columbus Dispatch.
The spring will be about players such as Michael Adams and Justin Boren working in on the offensive line, or Lamaar Thomas and DeVier Posey stepping into bigger roles at receiver, or Etienne Sabino battling for time at linebacker, or a cast of virtual unknowns competing for the starting cornerback spot vacated by [Malcolm] Jenkins.
- Surprise, surprise, Peter Konz is practicing as Wisconsin's starting right tackle, Jim Polzin writes in The Capital Times.
- It might not be a done deal that Minnesota two-sport star Eric Decker will return to the football field this fall, Marcus Fuller writes in the Pioneer Press.
"He could change his mind before the Major League Baseball draft on June 9-10. 'There's a greater chance of me coming back [to play football] for sure than me leaving,' said Decker, who is batting .326. 'When that day comes, I'm going to have to make a decision. I don't want to make a decision, but I have to. That will be something I will make with my family and people close to me. I'm getting some good advice, and I have good people around me, so I'll be fine when the time comes.'"
- Penn State defensive coordinator Tom Bradley sees similarities between linebacker Sean Lee and program great Shane Conlan, Jeff McLane writes in the Philadelphia Inquirer.
- Purdue needs wide receivers, and former cornerback Royce Adams is getting work there this spring, Mike Carmin writes in The Journal and Courier.
- Mark Dantonio is using Michigan State's Final Four appearance as a recruiting tool for football, Matt Dorsey writes in the Detroit Free Press.