Posted by ESPN.com's Brian Bennett
• South Florida posted the lowest APR score of any of the 66 BCS football teams, Brett McMurphy says in the Tampa Tribune.
• Rutgers' terrific showing in the APR is a credit to Greg Schiano and Bob Mulcahey, Paul Franklin writes in the Home News Tribune.
• The Charleston Gazette's Dave Hickman wonders how much the APR stuff really means.
• West Virginia recruit Branko Busick, whose father was a professional wrestler, will wrestle for the Mountaineers as well as play football, Bob Hertzel writes in the Times West Virginian.
• Tough break for former South Florida linebacker Tyrone McKenzie, who suffered a torn ACL in the New England Patriots' rookie camp and is out for the season, Greg Auman notes in the St. Petersburg Times.