NCF Nation: Walt Winter
Posted by ESPN.com's Ted Miller
Quick hits before Oregon State and Stanford kick off:
- Oregon State fans can follow along tonight with Cliff Kirkpatrick here and Paul Buker here. Stanford fans might turn here.
- California coach Jeff Tedford updates his blog and makes a request of Bears fans. Don't believe he wrote about this -- the suspension of backup D-lineman Cameron Jordan.
- Bob Condotta taps a Stanford upset tonight over Oregon State, and still has time for Huskies notes, including information on an injured tight end: Michael Gottlieb (hamstring) is out; "That leaves the TE spot in the hands of Walt Winter, Kavario Middleton and Chris Izbicki, though [Tyrone] Willingham said it could open up even more time for Middleton, the most-heralded recruit in UW's Class of 2008."
- And Rob Moseley goes ahead and picks an Oregon-Washington winner.
- Limited on offense, UCLA is emphasizing special teams.
- USC CB Shareece Wright will start at Virginia. He's been nursing an ab-hip-flexor-groin injury.
Finally, here's a list of the teams with the most players who already have obtained the undergraduate degrees.
10 -- Boston College, Virginia Tech
8 -- Auburn, Clemson, Maryland
7 -- Arizona State, Memphis, Ohio State, Penn State
6 -- Northwestern
5 -- Baylor, Louisiana Tech, Ole Miss, UCF
4 -- Kentucky, Northern Illinois, Texas Tech
3 -- Georgia Tech, Louisville, Notre Dame, Virginia
2 -- Colorado, FAU, Troy, Utah
1 -- Wake Forest, Western Michigan