NCF Nation: Wesley McGriff
Posted by ESPN.com's Heather Dinich
One day. I oversleep one day, and I see this from loyal reader VTballer: "yo Heather wake up! its about time for ACC in the morning."
So it is, my friend.
Here's a look at what's going on around the league:
- This one's for you, VTballer -- RB coach Billy Hite told Josh Oglesby he's playing three backs, but Oglesby says, "I've only seen two."
- It's Georgia Tech's turn to carry the ACC banner, as the Yellow Jackets will try to represent the league against SEC opponent Mississippi State. Oh, and don't question Paul Johnson on his fourth-down decisions, otherwise you're a moron.
- FSU DT Budd Thacker's back -- "wide-eyed, scratching and clawing."
- Miami second-year assistant coach Wesley McGriff is making the Hurricanes' secondary "Army tough."
- ECU coach Skip Holtz isn't taking NC State lightly. He remembers what happened last year. History is unlikely to repeat itself, though, especially with the latest injury to hit the lineup -- Alan-Michael Cash is out indefinitely. Huge loss. ECU is down a man, too.
- UNC is preparing for Tyrod Taylor and his happy feet. Coach Butch Davis says, "Don't bite the cheese."
- Speaking of cheese, the Terps are trying to avoid another trap against Eastern Michigan.
- People were asking for my pick on the Wake Forest-FSU game on Monday's chat. You should ask Christian Ponder, who says the Noles are "not going to lose." It's not like they're taking the Demon Deacons lightly, though. Derek Nicholson deemed it their "ACC championship game."
- Clemson offensive tackle Chris Hairston answers questions about his motor scooter accident.
Today is mailblog day, so check back later. I'm awake now.