Rapid Reaction: Eagles 19, Giants 17

PHILADELPHIA –- Another game between the New York Giants and Philadelphia Eagles went down to the final minutes and the Giants ended up losing another heartbreaker, 19-17 to the Eagles.

What it means: The Giants (2-2) have now lost eight of their past nine to Philadelphia, and this defeat came at the end.

The Giants failed to protect a one-point lead in the fourth and had to rely on Eli Manning for another fourth-quarter comeback. He gave the Giants a chance for the win, but Lawrence Tynes missed a 54-yard attempt at the end. These two teams will meet again Dec. 30 in the regular-season finale, which could decide the NFC East.

Shady Gaga: The Giants held LeSean McCoy to a total of four yards rushing in the first half. But the shifty Shady McCoy, whom Osi Umenyiora referred to as "Lady Gaga" last year, repeatedly gashed Perry Fewell's run defense, which lost containment and had problems in the second half stopping the Eagles' running back on the outside edge.

Michael Vick also had a few runs on the outside that burned the Giants. The Eagles duo helped Philadelphia drive down to the Giants' 2-yard-line before kicking the go-ahead field goal with 1:48 remaining.

Bad Eli, Good Eli: Manning started the fourth quarter with a painful interception on a first-and-10 at the Eagles' 10-yard-line. Manning never saw Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, who picked a pass intended for Martellus Bennett.

The Eagles turned the turnover into only a field goal, though, to take a 16-10 lead.

Manning bounced back by marching the Giants 83 yards for a touchdown to Bear Pascoe to take a 17-16 lead.

After Philadelphia regained the lead 19-17, Manning had 1:43 left to engineer a comeback. He nearly pulled it off.

Secondary issues: The Giants were already playing without cornerback Jayron Hosley (hamstring). Cornerback Michael Coe was nursing a hamstring injury and safety Antrel Rolle was playing with a bruised knee.

And cornerback Corey Webster, who lost DeSean Jackson on the Eagles' first-half touchdown, played with a broken bone in his hand.

But the Giants' issues in the secondary worsened when safety Kenny Phillips left in the first half with a sprained right knee. Stevie Brown came in for Phillips.

The Giants do get safety Tyler Sash back this week from suspension and they may need him, depending on Phillips' status.

No Nicks: Hakeem Nicks missed his second straight game with pain in his surgically repaired foot and swelling in his knee.

Domenik Hixon started for Nicks and Ramses Barden and Rueben Randle saw snaps as well. Hixon had three catches on the last drive of the first half, including a big 32-yard catch, that helped set up a Tynes' field goal to pull the Giants within 7-3 at halftime.

Victor Cruz did most of the damage for the Giants, scoring a touchdown in the third quarter and repeatedly getting open whenever the Giants needed a big catch.

Barden came up with a big 31-yard reception on the scoring drive that put the Giants ahead 17-16 with 6:45 left. And he drew two pass interference calls but also was called for a pass interference on the final drive that forced Tynes to have to kick a 54-yarder.

What's next: The Giants return home to host the Cleveland Browns. With a trip to San Francisco looming in another week, can anyone say trap game?