- Mike Mazzeo, ESPN New York Writer
- 0 Shares
Garnett has missed the last 11 games due to back spasms. The Nets (36-31), however, have gone 9-2 without him, surrendering 100 or more points just once over that span.
Garnett was to be re-evaluated on Saturday.
• What does Shaun Livingston think about Nets GM Billy King saying re-signing Livingston is his No. 1 priority this offseason?
“It feels good to be wanted,” Livingston said. “But my focus right now is on the season and the playoffs. I just want to help my team win games and just keep getting better on the court each game.”
The Nets can only offer Livingston the taxpayer mid-level exception, starting at $3.3 million, because they do not have his Bird Rights.
Other teams may offer him more money.
• Because Chicago and Toronto both lost, the Nets, by virtue of their 114-98 win, gained a game on both. Brooklyn is just one game out of the No. 4 spot in the East, and 1 1/2 games back of the Atlantic Division lead.
• The Nets scored a season-high 62 points in the paint and also had 30 assists -- their fourth-highest total this season. They are an Eastern Conference-best 26-10 since Jan. 1. Their 114 points was also their fourth-highest total of the season. Brooklyn’s bench outscored Boston’s, 45-21. Jorge Gutierrez had a career-high 10 points in 18 minutes. The Nets have now gone eight straight home games without turning the ball over more times than their opponent (includes ties).
• Brooklyn is ... 27-5 when scoring 100-plus points -- including 13 wins in a row ... 34-2 when leading after three quarters (second-best record NBA behind San Antonio) ... 10-3 with Mason Plumlee in the starting lineup ... 17-1 at home when Andrei Kirilenko plays.
NEW YORK -- Brooklyn Nets center Kevin Garnett will not travel with the team on the road and miss at least the next three games, coach Jason Kidd said Friday.