- Mike Mazzeo, ESPN Staff Writer
- 0 Shares
"If he can get healthy and do it in a timely manner, that's fine," Carlesimo said after Johnson had 15 points in 32 minutes in the Nets' 105-96 victory over the Charlotte Bobcats on Saturday night at Barclays Center. "We need Joe Johnson."
Since returning from heel and quad injuries that caused him to miss five games, Johnson is 9-for-27 from the field.
"I'm all right," Johnson said. "Maybe a little limited to some of the things I can do out there on the court, but the coaches and guys are telling me just my presence out there makes a difference, so I'm just giving it all I've got."
Johnson said he's getting better, albeit slowly.
"Like I said, I'm just doing the necessary things to stay on it, icing it, stimulating it and trying to make it feel better," he said.
• Gerald Wallace did not attempt a shot in Saturday night's game and finished with one point in 32 minutes, but Carlesimo praised his defense down the stretch.
"Gerald had two huge, big plays and caused a turnover on the sideline," Carlesimo said.
• Brook Lopez recorded four-plus blocks for the 10th time this season.
• The Nets have scored 100 points in eight of the past 12 games and are 7-1 in those contests. They are 21-4 on the season when they score at least 100 points in a game.
• The Nets outscored the Bucks in the paint, 52-32.
Brooklyn Nets interim coach P.J. Carlesimo remains concerned about Joe Johnson's health. "If he can get healthy and do it in a timely manner, that's fine," Carlesimo said after Johnson had 15 points in 32 minutes in the Nets' 105-96 victory over the Charlotte Bobcats on Saturday night at Barclays Center.