Friday, February 15, 2013
Breaking down Brooklyn's second half
By Mike Mazzeo
The schedule-makers didn’t do the Nets many favors in second half of the 2012-13 season:
• The Nets will play 17 of their final 29 games on the road -- including an eight-game, 17-day trip from March 18 to April 3. They also have 10 back-to-back sets remaining.
• Sixteen of Brooklyn’s remaining 29 games will come against teams with records under .500. The Nets are 18-2 against sub.-500 teams (at time of game played).
• Following the All-Star break, the Nets will face Milwaukee twice and Houston and Memphis once each. Brooklyn has gone 0-4 combined versus these three opponents.
• The Nets will face the Dallas Mavericks, their main offseason competition for Deron Williams, twice -- March 1 at home and March 20 on the road. Wonder what Mavericks owner Mark Cuban will have to say.
• The Nets will visit Detroit, Dallas, Los Angeles Clippers, Phoenix, Portland, Denver, Utah and Cleveland during their eight-game, 17-day trip.
• April provides the Nets with their easiest stretch. Six of their nine games in the month come against sub-.500 opponents.