Thomas says he's cleared for camp

July, 15, 2012
7/15/12
1:56
PM ET
Cornerback Terrell Thomas has maintained that his surgically-repaired knee will be ready to go for training camp.

On Saturday, Thomas wrote on his website that he has been medically cleared to participate in training camp, which starts on July 26.

"I just left the doctor’s office; I am all cleared for camp," Thomas blogged. "I have no limitations entering camp; obviously they will be monitoring me throughout camp. It will be in the hands of [head trainer] Ronnie Barnes who has been protecting me thus far."

Even though Thomas says he is ready to go, the Giants still may bring Thomas along slowly in camp to stay on the safe side. Thomas is expected to start opposite Corey Webster this season. Thomas is eager to prove that he can return to the level he was at last summer before he tore his ACL. Justin Tuck believed Thomas was primed for a Pro Bowl season last year before the injury.

"The road just started; I have a lot of work to do," Thomas wrote. "I just want to let you know that I have been working real hard. I am determined to get to the same form as last year and to be a great addition to our secondary. I am looking forward to making the playoffs and hope for a shot to repeat."
Ohm Youngmisuk has covered the Giants, Jets and the NFL since 2006. Prior to that, he covered the Nets, Knicks and the NBA for nearly a decade. He joined ESPNNewYork.com after working at the New York Daily News for almost 12 years and is a graduate of Michigan State University.
Follow him on Twitter »  Ohm's chat archive »

SPONSORED HEADLINES

Comments

You must be signed in to post a comment

Already have an account?