- Ohm Youngmisuk, ESPN Staff Writer
- 0 Shares
ALBANY, N.Y. -- Linebacker Chase Blackburn sat out practice with a thigh injury.
Blackburn took a hit to his thigh earlier in the week and head coach Tom Coughlin said the team kept him out of practice. Blackburn joined linebackers Michael Boley, Jacquian Williams and Jake Muasau, tackles Will Beatty and James Brewer and PUP list players Hakeem Nicks, Chris Canty, Clint Sintim and Travis Beckum on the sideline for practice.
• With Blackburn out, Mark Herzlich got plenty of reps, including work with the first team. Herzlich continues to have a nice camp. On one play, he rushed the quarterback and put a nice move on rookie tackle Matt McCants. Herzlich just looks fast, big and aggressive in camp so far. If he keeps this up, he's going to push Blackburn.
• With so many linebackers out, Coughlin kept practice short. But the Giants used the practice to throw out some creative lineups out there.
• Jayron Hosley had a busy practice. He saw some time against the slot while also lining up next to Herzlich on a few packages.
Perry Fewell clearly liked what he saw from the third-round pick on one coverage play in 7-on-7, running out onto the field to give the rookie a fist pound.
On another play in 11-on-11, Martellus "The Black Unicorn" Bennett took a tight end screen and ran down the left side. Hosley closed on him and Bennett stiff-armed the rookie. But Hosley managed to get Bennett out of bounds.
• DePalma would bounce back. He had a nice leaping grab on the left sideline on one play while also getting in a good block on linebacker Greg Jones on another play.
Douglas did drop one pass across the middle in traffic, but otherwise another stellar outing for the rookie receiver.
• Rookie tight end Adrien Robinson struggled a bit on Saturday. He dropped two passes. One was a high ball that would have been a nice twisting catch. The second drop came on a quick dart that he could not handle.
Robinson has dropped a few passes this week, but he is getting open at times.
• Cornerback Corey Webster dropped a would-be interception and did push-ups afterward. Safety Antrel Rolle, who covered some slot on Saturday, was stretched out a few times on the sideline but appears to be OK after finishing practice.
• Rogers got some work with the first team and Coughlin has been impressed with his weight so far. We'll have more on Rogers later today on the website.