- Ohm Youngmisuk, ESPN Staff Writer
- 0 Shares
Tom Coughlin said Wilson had been scheduled to get some first-team reps and it wasn't necessarily an indication of the depth chart changing. Of course, if the rookie continues to show pop in this preseason, as he has so far, he will rise up the depth chart. It probably is only a matter of time as he continues to get more comfortable and learn the offense.
"Just the fact that he hasn't had those reps with the first group, and we want to take a look at that," Coughlin said. "This was scheduled. David's going to move up, and get some plays with the ones."
Here are some observations from Monday's practice, which was largely a scout-team practice in preparation for the Bears game on Friday:
• WR Hakeem Nicks (toe) returned to practice and was eased in and out. He did have a nice over-the-shoulder sideline grab. The Giants might want to play it safe and hold him out of Friday's game, but there's no reason to worry about Nicks so far for the season opener.
"He seemed to be pretty good," Coughlin said. "He seemed to feel good and moved around well and did a good job with it."
• So what did Wilson do on the field Monday? How about a touchdown pass to Jerrel Jernigan in red-zone drills? Wilson ran left and lobbed a scoring pass to Jernigan in the corner of the end zone.
Wilson also looked good on one kickoff return.
• LB Jacquian Williams (hip) returned to practice for the first time in weeks and it appeared he made an interception off a deflection along the sideline. (The media was stationed far away from where the play happened). Coughlin said Williams moved well, and it certainly appeared that way to us.
• After answering questions about the cold-tub controversy, Prince Amukamara came up with a pick-six interception in practice, which pleased Perry Fewell. And in case you are wondering if Prince has shown some edge to his teammates when he isn't being dropped into an ice bucket, Justin Tuck had this to say:
"I think he's doing pretty good. Obviously you would like to see him be a little bit more vocal, a little bit more, as the young kids say, 'swag.' But I think Prince is doing a great job in doing well with what we're throwing at him.
"With T-2 (Terrell Thomas) being out right now, a lot of the pressure is on him. With Corey (Webster) being established on his side, you know, a lot of the attention is going to be going to Prince and I think he's doing a pretty good job of handling it."
Tell us below what is on your mind about Wilson, Nicks, Prince or anybody else.