Wednesday, August 1, 2012
Practice report: Rivers and Hosley return
By Ohm Youngmisuk
ALBANY, N.Y. -- The Giants returned to practice Wednesday, after a day off on Tuesday, but rain and lightning interrupted the proceedings and forced Tom Coughlin to move his team indoors.
Coughlin was hoping the team could wait out the storm and go back outside, but after more than 30 minutes had passed, the coach had his team go through a walk-through on the University of Albany's basketball court. The team also has its lockers, trainer's area and gym surrounding the basketball court (here's a pic).
Here are some observations from Wednesday's short practice:
• Michael Boley continues to sit out with a strained hamstring. It may be a while before he is back on the field. Also, linebacker Jake Muasau joined him on the sideline. Offensive lineman James Brewer (back) also did not practice.
• Prince Amukamara worked with the first team at cornerback. Linebacker Spencer Paysinger also continued to work with the first unit at outside linebacker, as the team continues to take a long look at what he can do.
• Linebacker Jacquian Williams has been playing physical for the last few practices. There have been a couple of times when you could hear Williams colliding with a running back at the line of scrimmage. These are still non-tackling practices, but you can hear the pads on the upper body colliding.
• Linebacker Mathias Kiwanuka made a terrific play in the backfield, deflecting an Eli Manning pass in the air and picking it off for what would have been a pick-six.
• Coughlin also praised wide receiver David Douglas for getting off to a strong start and impressing in camp thus far.