Thursday, April 25, 2013
Giants mock draft
By Ohm Youngmisuk
We've tried covering every base with what could happen tonight and this weekend in the draft.
So I guess all that's left is to attempt a Giants mock draft from No. 19 to No. 253.
Giants' Greatest Draft Thefts
From Bavaro to LT, we ranked the 10 greatest Giants draft steals. Top 10
1. (19) SEric Reid, LSU –- The Giants are hoping Alabama T D.J. Fluker drops. If not him, then Texas S Kenny Vaccaro. But both likely could be gone so Giants go for a player they like to be a safety of the future.
4. (116) CBarrett Jones, Alabama –- Coming off foot surgery but played center, guard and tackle and considered to have terrific intangibles. Could go in third round but Scouts Inc. has him going in fourth round in their seven-round mock.
5. (152) TEDion Sims, Michigan State –- Could go higher but Sims was on Giants radar at combine. At 6-4, 262-pounds, the former basketball player offers size and soft hands and is a bit of a poor man’s version of Martellus Bennett. Might not be as fast or as good a blocker as Bennett.
6. (187) CBBrandon McGee, Miami –- Giants need to add another young cornerback for depth.
7. (225) TEmmett Cleary, Boston College –- Giants like their Boston College products and can use a big body on the line (6-6, 316).
7. (253*) LB Nathan Williams, Ohio State –- Giants use their compensatory pick on a linebacker they have shown some interest in.