Things slowed down considerably this week in girls hoops. There weren't as many upsets and a lot of teams had very easy weeks, schedule wise. One important thing to note: the reigning and 13-time PSAL champion, Murry Bergtraum, has been ousted from the poll after its third loss of the year. Let's take a look at the poll.
1. Nazareth (0-0)/(LW: 1): Nazareth hosts Mary Louis Academy on Monday night and then will face Bishop Loughlin. Not an easy schedule to open up.
2. South Shore (5-1)/(LW: 3): South Shore is 5-1 and got some revenge against Murry Bergtraum with a win at home on Friday night. South Shore might be the team to beat in the PSAL this year.
3. Molloy (4-0)/(LW: 5): Molloy moves up two spots in the poll after picking up wins against Holy Trinity and St. Mary's this week. Molloy plays Loughlin in a big game this week.
4. Bishop Ford (3-1)/(LW: 7): Bishop Ford makes the biggest move in the poll as it jumps up to No. 4 after its impressive win against Christ the King last week.
5. Christ the King (0-2)/(LW: 2): CK is off to a rough start with losses to Bishop Ford and Archbishop Carroll but will be in the thick of things all year.
6. Moore Catholic (2-0)/(LW: 6): Moore Catholic defeated NDA to improve to 2-0 on the season. Two league games await this league before it leaves for a holiday tournament.
7. Bishop Loughlin (2-0)/(LW: 8): Bishop Louglin had an impressive win against Mary Louis but will be tested this week against Nazareth and Archbiship Molloy.
8. Mary Louis Academy (1-2)/(LW: 4): Mary Louis lost to Loughlin and will try to avoid its third loss of the season when it faces Nazareth on Monday night.
9. Benjamin Banneker (3-0)/(LW: 9): Banneker is 4-0 on the season after defeating Boys & Girls. The Lady Warriors face Francis Lewis and Brooklyn Collegiate this week in league play.
10. McKee/SI Tech (5-0)/(LW: unranked): MSIT is off to an undefeated start with a 4-0 record in league play. It beat CSIHS/McCown and New Dorp this week.