The streak lives on. For the 14th straight year, Murry Bergtraum won the Public Schools Athletic League Class AA title. That advances it to the State Federation semifinals, where it will meet Nazareth, who bested it for the title last season. Here's this week's poll.
1. Nazareth (18-3)/(LW: 1): Nazareth will meet Murry Bergtraum in the semifinals, a game the Lady Kingsmen won last year for the State Federation title.
2. Christ the King (15-14)/(LW: 2): Christ the King's record may seem mediocre, but the Royals had wins over nationally ranked opponents this year.
3. Moore Catholic (22-6)/(LW: 3): Moore Catholic, along with McKee/SI Tech, showed that Staten Island was one of the toughest boroughs this season.
4. Bishop Ford (22-6)/(LW: 4): Bishop Ford had a successful season despite dropping two winnable games against Christ the King and Moore Catholic to end the season.
5. Molloy (19-10)/(LW: 5): Molloy won the State Federation Class A title last season and had success in the CHSAA Class AA tournament this year, reaching the semifinals.
6. Murry Bergtraum (18-7)/(LW: 6): It's now 14 straight years that Murry Bergtraum has won the PSAL title, one of the most amazing feats in New York City history.
7. Bishop Loughlin (15-12)/(LW: 7): Loughlin will play Rochester East in the semifinals of the State Federation tournament this week.
8. McKee/SI Tech (25-3)/(LW: 8): MSIT led Murry Bergtraum in the fourth quarter but could not hold on and lost a tough one in its first title game appearance.
9. South Shore (21-6)/(LW: 9): South Shore has to think it blew an opportunity as the top seed by not advancing to the PSAL final.
10. Mary Louis (13-17)/(LW: 10): Another team with a mediocre record, but Mary Louis could compete with any team in New York City this year.