- Matt Ehalt, ESPN New York contributor
- 0 Shares
There have already been some great games to kick off the baseball season. We've seen some upsets in tournaments, including Cardozo knocking off George Washington, and there have been some other surprising results. Here's our first poll of the year.
1. Poly Prep (2-0): Poly Prep is off to a fast start this season and picked up a nice win in league play this week by defeating Riverdale.
2. Cardozo (4-0): Cardozo is undefeated in league play and knocked off George Washington in a tournament this week, sending a message that the Judges are going to be a tough out in the Public Schools Athletic League.
3. George Washington (3-0): The Trojans might have lost in their tournament but they are still a loaded team and are already off to a 3-0 start on the season in league play.
4. Iona Prep (1-0): The Gaels got their season going on the right foot when it knocked off CHSAA finalist All Hallows in their season opener last week.
5. Xaverian (2-0): The defending Catholic High Schools Athletic Association champion has beaten Bishop Ford and Christ the King in league play to start the season.
6. Grand Street Campus (3-1): Grand Street won both of its division games this week as well as going 2-0 in pool play during the Monroe Tournament.
7. Tottenville (4-1): The PSAL finalists lost their one game by forfeit but have won every other game and also have been 2-0 in pool play during the Monroe Tournament.
8. James Monroe (4-0): The Bronx power is off to yet another great start with an undefeated record in league play as well as going 2-0 in pool play in its tournament.
9. All Hallows (1-1): All Hallows started the season with a dominant win against Hayes but then fell just short against Iona Prep in a battle between two of the better teams in the league.
10. Fordham Prep (0-0): Fordham Prep gets the final spot in the poll based on its reputation coming into the year as it has not played a league contest yet.
There have already been some great games to kick off the baseball season. We've seen some upsets in tournaments, including Cardozo knocking off George Washington, and there have been some other surprising results.