Monday, December 26, 2011
Girls basketball poll: Dec. 26
By Matt Ehalt
No changes to the poll this week as there were no upsets in New York City. In the biggest game of the week, Bishop Ford took down Molloy in a battle of two of the top teams in the CHSAA. This week, there's no real blockbuster between any of these teams. Let's check out the poll.
1. Nazareth (2-0)/(LW: 1): Nazareth stays in first and will return to the court Wednesday against St. Francis Prep.
2. South Shore (8-1)/(LW: 2): South Shore also had the week off and will head to an out-of-state tournament.
3. Bishop Ford (6-1)/(LW: 3): Bishop Ford is clearly the biggest challenge to Nazareth in the CHSAA after it defeated Molloy, adding to its already impressive resume that has wins over Christ the King and JFK.
4. Molloy (5-2)/(LW: 4): Molloy has lost two in a row after falling to Bishop Ford on the road.
5. Christ the King (0-6)/(LW: 5): CK hasn't won but four of those losses came in the nationally renowned Tournament of Champions in Arizona.
6. Moore Catholic (6-1)/(LW: 6): Moore Catholic won its first two games at its holiday tournament before forfeiting the tournament finale.
7. Bishop Loughlin (2-2)/(LW: 7): Bishop Loughlin will return to the court this week against Lincoln.
8. Mary Louis Academy (3-4)/(LW: 8): Mary Louis picked up a nice win against Cardinal Spellman and is inching closer to getting back to .500.
9. McKee/SI Tech (10-1)/(LW: 9): MSIT orchestrated a huge comeback to defeat Staten Island rival Curtis and is looking like the top team on Staten Island.
10. Truman (8-3)/(LW: 10): Truman defeated Benjamin Banneker to stay in first in the Bronx/Manhattan/Queens division in the PSAL.