Morning Links: Devils, Isles
September, 8, 2010
By Mike Hume | ESPNNewYork.com
Here are some morning headlines to supplement your otherwise bland breakfast.
- Brian Rolston's agent, Steve Bartlett, told Tom Gulitti of the Bergen Record that the Devils have not asked Rolston to waive his no-trade or even brought up the subject.
- Zach Parise and a few of Ilya Kovalchuk's teammates react to the signing.
- In Lou We Trust looks at the notable Devils dates before the season begins.
- And here’s a good transition point: Lighthouse Hockey looks at how the Islanders can, uh, help the Devils with their cap problem by rating potentially poachable players. The lesson here: Just because teams have plenty of cap space, doesn’t mean they’re silly enough to waste it by acquiring a bad contract. A bad deal is a bad deal, no matter which team owns it.
- Rick DiPietro says he’s healthy and ready for camp.
- Former Isles’ great Denis Potvin will join the broadcast booth for the Ottawa Senators.