- Mike Mazzeo, ESPN Staff Writer
- 0 Shares
Flyers center Claude Giroux was suspended one game by the NHL for his second-period hit on Devils right winger Dainius Zubrus in Game 4. He will miss Game 5. ESPN.com newser linkage.
• ESPN Stats & Information tells us that the Devils have never lost a playoff series when leading 3-1 (9-0)
According to whowins.com, in the major sports (MLB, NHL, NBA) teams up 3-1 in a playoff series have won 91.8 percent of the time (488-43).
• ESPN Stats & Info also tells us that with an assist in Game 4, Martin Brodeur tied the NHL record for most points by a goaltender in a single postseason with three (seven others).
• Balance is key: The Devils have seven postseason wins; In those seven postseason wins, they’ve had seven different players notch the game-winning goal (Ryan Carter, Zach Parise, Travis Zajac, Adam Henrique, David Clarkson, Alexei Ponikarovsky and Dainius Zubrus).
• After a bout with food poisoning, Carter should be able to return to the lineup for Game 5 in Philadelphia on Tuesday night, according to the Star-Ledger and Record.
• Zubrus also will be in the lineup, the newspapers report.
4dPierre LeBrun and Joe McDonald