Friday, July 19, 2013
Highlights of Devils' 2013-14 schedule
By Mike Mazzeo
The Devils will play in the newly formed Metropolitan Division in 2013-14 along with the Rangers, Islanders, Flyers, Penguins, Hurricanes, Blue Jackets and Capitals. Instead of the usual six divisions, there are four: Metropolitan, Atlantic, Pacific and Central.
Some highlights from the Devils' schedule, which was released Friday:
Zach Parise, the Devils' former captain, returns to New Jersey on March 20 as a member of the Minnesota Wild.
• The Devils will open their season in Pittsburgh on Oct. 3.
• The following evening, they'll play their home opener against the Islanders on Oct. 4.
• The Devils will face the Rangers at Yankee Stadium on Jan. 26.
• Zach Parise makes his return to New Jersey on March 20. David Clarkson visits the Prudential Center for the first time as a visitor three days later.
• Cory Schneider, acquired from the Canucks on draft day, returns to Vancouver on Oct. 8.
• The Devils have a a season-high five-game road trip from Oct. 7-17 and a season-high five-game homestand from March 18-27.
• The Devils will face everyone in their new division four times, except the Rangers and Islanders, who they'll play five times.
• The Devils wrap up the regular season on April 13 against Boston. Will it be Martin Brodeur's last game?