New York Hockey: perpetual misery
December, 7, 2010
By Mike Hume | ESPNNewYork.com
The Isles have some time to collect themselves after a three-loss weekend put them back on the skids. They battle the B’s on Thursday, but in the meantime here are some media notes from around the Island, headlined by a particularly blunt call for the NHL to intervene.
- Larry Brooks writes that it’s time for the NHL to declare a state of emergency for the Islanders and take over the team.
- Lighthouse Hockey looks at the early returns of rookie call-up Travis Hamonic on the blue line.
- Katie Strang’s Isles Files post from the weekend notes a perceived lack of effort from the New York locker room, quoting one player as saying “It’s like a country club in here.” A country club? Must be Bushwood.
- Fan House’s Kevin Schultz evaluates the ownership of Charles Wang.
- Bryan Trottier tells SNY (via Islanders Point Blank) that he stands ready to help the franchise in any way he can.