New York Hockey: playoff projections
September, 1, 2010
By Mike Hume | ESPNNewYork.com
If you didn’t already know, today’s a (the?) big day for the Devils in their quest to retain Ilya Kovalchuk. I’ll have a separate post on that matter shortly, but for those fans whose interests lie outside of Prudential Center, here are the morning links.
- NHL.com sat down with Doug Weight for a Q&A following yesterday's announcement that he'll be back in blue and orange. The chat includes the reason for the 75-plus day delay between the news of his return first breaking and the actual contract being signed.
- Here's an early look at how the Islanders project in the Eastern Conference from Lighthouse Hockey.
- The Behind The Number series examines Billy Smith’s No. 31.
- Rumors have linked the Isles to Stanley Cup-winning goalie Antti Niemi after his release by the Blackhawks, but SI’s Allan Muir believes the netminder will suit up in Europe, not the NHL next season.
- Blueshirt Banter looks at former Ranger No. 16 Mark Pavelich in its Blueshirts By The Numbers series.
- Rangers fans already on the Henrik Lundqvist bandwagon can now get on the bus as well. And this one’s not even metaphorical. Here’s the recap from yesterday’s Gray Line launch.
- The Daily News adds some more color to Lundqvist's day on the bus via Jesse Spector’s Blueshirts Blog.
- Length is the holdup in the Marc Staal contract talks, says Adam Rotter of SNY’s Rangers blog. A third year would eclipse Staal’s first year as an unrestricted free agent, which would be good for the Rangers, but less so for Staal.
BACK TO TOP