New York Hockey: Richard Park
September, 10, 2010
By Mike Hume | ESPNNewYork.com
Though the preseason is tantalizingly close, we’re not quite there yet. In the meantime, tide yourself over with some morning reading.
- NHL.com profiles Islanders forward Josh Bailey.
- For the fitness enthusiasts, Islanders strength and fitness coach Jesse Demers explains his exercise system.
- Ever wonder what happened to those players who donned the Isles’ sweater for a brief moment in time? Lighthouse Hockey discusses.
- Former Islander Richard Park has signed in Switzerland.
- For Devils’ fans, this is one of those questions you really hope you don’t have to ask: Who’s the better shooter, Ilya Kovalchuk, or Jody Shelley? GM Lou Lamoriello has about $100M reasons why it’s the former, but the results of this study on Gabe Desjardins’ Behind the Net blog are pretty encouraging too. Turns out Kovalchuk is one of the best shooters in the game.
- Zach Parise delivered season tickets to one die-hard Devils fan.
- Tom Gulitti checks in with Lamoriello on bringing Marcus Nilson into camp, the possible salary-cap-circumvention punishment from the NHL and the potential for a second Kovy press conference. The latter of which, is not happening.
- In Lou We Trust helps you to get to know new acquisition Henrik Tallinder.
- Top goalie prospect Chad Johnson chats about his almost-certain relegation to Hartford following the acquisition of backup G Martin Biron. Johnson is putting a positive spin on the situation.
- Though it’s pretty early to speculate about such things, take a gander at some potential early line combos, via the Daily News.
- Adam Proteau pulls no punches in ranking the Rangers 13th in the Eastern Conference for The Hockey News. You did not misread that.
- The Traverse City Tournament starts Sept. 11, and the Rangers’ roster has been finalized after a few changes, according to the Bergen Record.
BACK TO TOP