The Jets already have two OTA practices in the books, and the third -- Thursday -- is open to the media. On the agenda in Florham Park:
• 10 a.m. to noon -- Practice
• Noon to 1 p.m. (approx.) -- Player availability in the locker room
• 2:45 p.m. to 3:05 p.m. -- Rex Ryan news conference
Three stories we'll be following:
1. Tim Tebow: What, you expected something on the fullback situation? This will be our first glimpse at backup QB on the practice field. He's expected to work exclusively at quarterback, with no wildcat plays. They want to get him assimilitated into Tony Sparano's offense by teaching him the QB position before they branch out. Tebow isn't known as a terrific practice thrower, so there could be some ... um, interesting passes.
2. Mark Sanchez: Remember him? He's still the starting QB, after all. Sanchez also is learning the new offense, so these OTA practices are important to him, too. This is the first time since he's been the starter that he has legitimate competition, and he'll have a no-nonsense coordinator -- Sparano -- bellowing in his ear. The coddled days are over.
3. New faces: The key newcomers are rookie DE Quinton Coples, rookie WR Stephen Hill, veteran S Yeremiah Bell, and WR Chaz Schilens. S LaRon Landry (foot) belongs on the list, but he's still rehabbing an old injury.