- Rich Cimini, ESPN Staff Writer
- 0 Shares
As a multi-part interview, Darrelle Revis-Michael Robinson won't be remembered with Frost-Nixon in terms of impact on our culture, but Part II of the Revis-Robinson sitdown contains a few noteworthy sound bites from the Jets' star cornerback.
Once again, Revis openly wonders if he'll be back with the Jets. More importantly, he doesn't seem to care if he's traded.
"Revis Island will be back on the field soon," he told the "Real Rob Report," an online sports show. "I don't know, we'll see where the future leads to -- if I'll be back with the Jets or not. It really doesn't matter. I just want to play football."
This doesn't sound like a man who wants to sign a "Jet for life" contract. Or maybe Revis is just giving the Jets a taste of their own medicine, remaining non-committal. Posturing, anyone?
A few other highlights from the interview, which can be seen here:
• Revis still believes in QB Mark Sanchez, but he said the No. 1 offseason priority should be acquiring offensive weapons: "We want guys for Mark Sanchez to throw to, some deep threats. ... Yes, Mark can get it done, but we need to put the right weapons around him for him to be successful. That's always been a thing with Mark. That should be our focus with Mark Sanchez, put the right players around him."
• Revis on the outlook for the 2013 season: "(John Idzik) is trying to clean house to get some great players in here. ... It's a rebuilding mode for us, to get the right pieces to the puzzle."
• Revis on whether he still believes he's the best cornerback in football: "A healthy Darrelle Revis, I still believe I'm at the top of the food chain."
• Revis on his new rivalry with Seahawks CB Richard Sherman: "Is he on his way? Yes, definitely. He's on his way and much success to him. I like his game. He's a tall, athletic corner. He can press you. He can run. He can do a lot of things. ... It's great. It's only going to make him compete more and it's going to make me compete more. It's always good."