- Rich Cimini, ESPN Staff Writer
- 0 Shares
With the NFL draft exactly one month away, it's time for our first mock draft. Things could change, of course, because of free agency, trades and late pro days, but here goes nothing. Because we're in a Jets-ccentric world, we're stopping at No. 9.
1. Chiefs: Luke Joeckel, LT, Texas A&M
2. Jaguars: Eric Fisher, LT, Central Michigan
3. Raiders: Sharrif Floyd, DT, Florida
4. Eagles: Geno Smith, QB, West Virginia
5. Lions: Dee Milliner, CB, Alabama
6. Browns: Dion Jordan, DE, Oregon
7. Cards: Chance Warmack, G, Alabama
8. Bills: Star Lotulelei, DT, Utah
9. Jets: Barkevious Mingo, OLB, LSU
Explanation: Readers may recall that I questioned the Mingo pick in the most recent mock drafts of Mel Kiper and Todd McShay, based mostly on the belief that Mingo (6-foot-4, 241 pounds) is undersized for an every-down linebacker in Rex Ryan's system. But I was talking to an opposing team's scout last week who reminded me the Jets were very high last year on Bruce Irvin, who was listed only 6-foot-3, 245 pounds at the time of the draft. Mingo has been compared to Irvin, who was picked by the Seahawks, John Idzik's previous team. So there you go.