ESPN draft analyst Todd McShay revealed his latest mock draft Wednesday and -- surprise -- he has a new pick for the Jets at No. 9 overall -- Alabama CB Dee Milliner. In most mocks, Milliner is gone by the sixth pick, but McShay has him slipping to the Jets, who could be on the verge of trading CB Darrelle Revis. Interesting.
McShay's top nine:
1. Chiefs -- Luke Joeckel, OT, Texas A&M
2. Jaguars -- Dion Jordan, DE, Oregon
3. Raiders -- Ezekiel Ansah, DE, BYU
4. Eagles -- Star Lotulelei, DT, Utah
5. Lions -- Eric Fisher, OT, Central Michigan
6. Browns -- Geno Smith, QB, West Virginia
7. Cards -- Lane Johnson, OT, Oklahoma
8. Bills -- Chance Warmack, G, Alabama
9. Jets -- Dee Milliner, CB, Alabama
Scenario 1: This turn of events is the perfect storm for a Jets team likely to part ways with disgruntled CB Darrelle Revis. Filling a major need with an elite player at this pick would be a slam dunk.
Scenario 2: Mingo's upfield explosiveness could be intriguing to coach Rex Ryan and his staff, who could surely put together a plan to maximize Mingo's skills.
Stats and Info: The Jets' defense ranked 23rd in the league with a sack every 17.8 drop backs last season, and hasn't had a player record more than six sacks in a season since 2009. Mingo recorded 28 total pressures last season (QB hurries and knockdowns), tied for the second most in the SEC.