ESPN draft analyst Mel Kiper revealed his final mock draft on Wednesday, predicting LSU OLB Barkevious Mingo and West Virginia WR Tavon Austin for the Jets with the ninth and 13th picks, respectively.
The common denominator with Mingo and Austin: Speed. Both are considered very fast for their positions, and that has been a big topic of discussion this offseason at One Jets Drive. The Jets want to improve their speed on both sides of the ball. Mingo and Austin also are undersized, so it would be a give-and-take with size and speed at those positions.
Kiper's top 13:
1. Chiefs -- Luke Joeckel, OT, Texas A&M
2. Jaguars -- Eric Fisher, OT, Central Michigan
3. Raiders -- Sharrif Floyd, DT, Florida
4. Eagles -- Lane Johnson, OT, Oklahoma
5. Lions -- Ezekiel Ansah, DE, BYU
6. Browns -- Dee Milliner, CB, Alabama
7. Cards -- Dion Jordan, LB, Oregon
8. Bills -- Jonathan Cooper, G, North Carolina
9. Jets -- Barkevious Mingo, LB, LSU
10. Titans -- Sheldon Richardson, DT, Missouri
11. Chargers -- D.J. Fluker, OT, Alabama
12. Dolphins -- Chance Warmack, G, Alabama
13. Jets -- Tavon Austin, WR, West Virginia